Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fucking Jew


Last Thursday someone at work called me a "fucking Jew". He Called me repetitiously enjoying these two words tasting them like a chicken bone. He added (apparently because I am a "fucking Jew") - you are fucking thief.
I've heard it so many times in the past when I was boy, when I lived in the USSR and it was not necessarily about myself. But it was the Soviet Union, where the government kept a certain level of antisemitism in case when they need to blame on the "internal enemy" in problems with poor economy and food supply to ordinary people.

It was in Germany too, it was in Poland and in many other places long time ago. I guess, the USA was not an exception many years ago either. But now we live in different time, here, in the USA of the 21st century, in the civilized world! Such thing is rather odd and, after all, it is not acceptable when you hear this at work, publicly and from your colleague who happens to be Iranian. Huh! Is it a necessary reason? I stood up looking at this guy and listening his hysterical remarks and thinking that he is doing this certainly with desire to hurt me.
I was standing, looking directly to the guy's eyes and thinking that Les cendres de Klaas palpitent dans mon coeur! (ashes of Klaas are knocking at my heart).
Note: To someone who doesn't know, these words are from the Till Eulenspigel by Charles de Coster. Till cared on his neck a small pouch with ashes of his father.

It would not be that much problems bothering me personally if:
1) the guy is abusive to other people (not Jews)
Because:
1.1) he was appointed by his cousin to oversee the company finance
1.2) therefore he feels that he can do in the company everything what he wants because of the 1.1)
2) he is antisemitic and he doesn't hide his haters to Israel. I'm not neither traditional Jew nor religious person at all But remarks about Israel and Jews forced me to wear at work the yarmulke (kippah).
3) if I leave this case without consequences (as is) it can be repeated over and over again.

I reported to my boss (the company owner and this guy's cousin). He told me that I should reply to his cousin that he is a fucking Muslim. Nice! After all he suddenly recalled that he is running the company, and said that I should chill and he will talk to him and, of course, nobody should use such language in his company. At the end he suggested I take a day off and talk about it on Monday.
Now I have a dilemma, I.e. Either to require this guy get out of the company or to go to my lawyer and file the case.
Wait till Monday. Life doesn't allow me to be bored.


The New Update. Monday July 12th morning.

I returned back to my office. My fellows coworkers were disturbed about my feelings and health.
One of my friend (managing manufacturing) said that C. (the guy who called me "fucking Jew") is mental and told me that story that C. became upset because my friend was disagree with C about Saddam Husein who is a hero and "real man" for C.
Anyways, I received a copy of the e-mail of one employee who reported case to the owner.



H. & Ch.,

I’m very disturbed at what happened yesterday at the company. This company has been under change for the past 6 months – and I’ve tried to make the adjustment in good faith that things will get better. Since no one has titles anymore, it is hard to know whom to report this incident, but since I’ve known you to be directors, I’m addressing this to you both and also K.

I’m informing you that C. has become even more erratic in his behavior. I’ve run into some very bad situations personally which I have been willing to forbear. However, yesterday C. was totally out of control. He was yelling at the top of his lungs and everyone in the office heard what he was saying – and it was very offensive. He has shown this anger problem a number of times – but yesterday was way over the edge. He was shouting at New Apis telling him to “Get out, Get out!!” and then calling him a f’g thief & crook. Then he called him an “f’g Jew”!; and “either shut your f’g mouth or step outside.” Then he said, “I don’t think you have the balls to …” This is outrageous that he speaks to an employee like this – degrading him in front of all to see & hear ...

K., A., PB. were there to hear this going on – and probably some others. It is totally unacceptable. I’m really upset that C. can think he can act this way and get away with it. He actually invited New Apis outside to settle the matter (suggesting fighting him physically!). H. – he is your cousin and the one you now have “running the company” and I am asking you to do something about this so that it never happens again. I have been intimidated by him a few times in the recent past – even told him to move back because he was yelling in my face before …

I am not interested in working for this man. He is getting more & more out of control – and I have lost all respect for him. This kind of behavior must be addressed. As your workers, we need to feel that we have protection and at this point we do not feel covered and protected – not when these kind of actions can take place openly. I would like to request a response as to how you are going to address this situation; I am not looking to hurt the company, but if the appropriate action is not taken, I will not hesitate to report this and other incidents.

DR.

I guess the story will be continuing

6 comments:

  1. There are many Hitlers out there who fortunately don't have a lot of power. This just shows what a little power can do to someone with megalomania.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Фил, спасибо большущее, что пригласили меня в свой блог!
    Печально, что толчок его началу был задан таким вонючим поводом. Надеюсь, в будущем Вы поделитесь с нами более приятными удивительными историями и фотографиями, которых вам не занимать, благодаря Вашему таланту специалиста и путешественника.
    А ещё я очень и очень надеюсь, что эта история не спустится на тормозах, и что хам и шовинист получит по заслугам, чтобы другим было неповадно, и чтобы детям свои заказал относится к людям как к отбросам! И вот тогда... мы с Вами соберёмся... и Вы сдержите своё обещание;): научите меня фаршировать рыбу "по-жидовски" на галицкий манер. Пусть антисемиты завидуют!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such behavior can't be tolerated. This guy should not only leave the company - but be pretty much banned from management positions. And if something like that ends up in the court - his case is lost without doubt.

    Good luck - hopefully it will get resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for permitting me copying this post in my blog: it got some reaction there:
    http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/psychowaxer/post130224813/page1.html#BlCom558398435

    ReplyDelete